Andrey A. Voshkin
Head of Laboratory, Dr. of Sciences (Engineering)
- The laboratory was established in 1945 on the initiative of Academicians N.M. Zhavoronkov and I.V. Kurchatov to solve scientific and practical problems of separating mixtures in the chemical and related industries.
- Development of physicochemical foundations for the intensification of heat and mass transfer processes in chemical technology, development of physical and chemical methods for their intensification.
- Energy-efficient hybrid separation processes of component mixtures based on rectification, extraction, and crystallization.
- Development of “smart” extraction systems for chemical-technological processes of extraction and separation components of liquid mixtures.
- Development of environmentally friendly two-phase aqueous extraction systems for pharmaceuticals, food processing, and biotechnology.
- Development of highly efficient and non-pollutant extraction methods for the disposal of industrial waste.
- Water purification using chemical and physical methods of intensification.
A model of high-intensity mass transfer in a dispersed-ring flow of liquid and gas (vapor) and a method for calculating film columns with a downward flow of phases were created. The results were implemented in the industry.
The mechanism was revealed, and the Marangoni theory of diffusion-thermal instability was constructed. The connection with the intensification of industrial processes was demonstrated.
The environmentally safe extraction stages for the processing of leaching solutions in the course of battery recycling were developed.
Extraction methods to produce organic acids from liquid industrial wastes (for example, caprolactam production wastes, fermentation solutions, etc.), were developed, creating the prerequisites for the development of innovative technologies, import substitution, and increased environmental safety in the field of mixture separation processes.
Methods to calculate a number of new hybrid processes based on distillation and crystallization from the melt were developed.
An extraction method to obtain metal oxide particles of various shapes of nano- and micrometer size at the interface in two-phase aqueous systems was developed.
A scientifically based method to calculate extractive distillation was created, taking into account the real kinetics of mass transfer in a liquid film flowing down the nozzle.
The optimal schemes for the technological implementation of the processes of ultrasonic excitation of nonlinear flows were compiled, significantly increasing the extraction efficiency and creating a unique situation of isolating the liquid from contact with the external equipment.
- Oleg M. Gradov Senior Researcher, Ph.D. (Physics and Mathematics)
- Yulia A. Zakhodyaeva Senior Researcher, Ph.D. (Chemistry)
- Inna V. Zinov’eva Junior Researcher
- Sergey Ya. Kvashnin Head Technologist
- Anatoly V. Kostikov Leading Technologist
- Nikolay N. Kulov Head Researcher, Dr. of Sciences (Engineering)
- Nikolay N. Kuritsyn Head Technologist
- Valentin A. Lotkhov Leading Researcher, Ph.D. (Chemistry)
- Egor V. Lupachev Junior Researcher
- Sergey K. Myasnikov Leading Researcher, Ph.D. (Engineering)
- Andrey V. Polkovnichenko Junior Researcher
- Maria I. Fedorova Junior Researcher
- Elena S. Kol’tsova
- Vitaly O. Solov’ev
- M. Gradov, A.A. Voshkin, Yu.A. Zakhodyaeva. Breakup of immiscible liquids at the interface using high-power acoustic pulses // Chemical Engineering & Processing: Process Intensification. 2018. V. 131. p. 125–130.
- M. Gradov, A.A. Voshkin, Yu.A. Zakhodyaeva. Estimating the parameters of ultrasonically induced mass transfer and flow of liquids in the pseudomembrane method // Chemical Engineering & Processing: Process Intensification. 2017. V. 118. p. 54–61.
- A. Voshkin, V.M. Shkinev, Y.A. Zakhodyaeva. A new extraction method for the preparation of zinc oxide nanoparticles in aqueous two-phase systems // Russian Journal of Physical Chemistry A. 2017. V. 91(2). p. 226–228.
- V. Ivanov, V.A. Lotkhov, N.N. Kulov. Modeling of batch extractive distillation // Theoretical Foundations of Chemical Engineering. 2017. V. 51(3). p. 253–261.
- A. Zakhodyaeva, K.V. Izyumova, M.S. Solov’eva, A.A. Voshkin. Extraction separation of the components of leach liquors of batteries // Theoretical Foundations of Chemical Engineering. 2017. V. 51(5). p. 883–887.
- Y. Kvashnin, E.V. Lupachev, V.A. Lotkhov, N.N. Kuritsyn, N.N. Kulov. Chemical equilibrium and the kinetics of transesterification reactions of fluoroorganic esters and acids // Theoretical Foundations of Chemical Engineering. 2017. V. 51(6). p. 1012–1020.
- K. Myasnikov, N.N. Kulov. Modeling the separation of oil sand // Theoretical Foundations of Chemical Engineering. 2017. V. 51(1). p. 1–11.
- A. Zakhodyaeva, A.A. Voshkin. Extraction and separation of carboxylic acids by liquid-liquid extraction and chromatography // Theoretical Foundations of Chemical Engineering. 2013. V. 47 (4). p. 461–466.
- K. Myasnikov, A.P. Chipryakova, N.N. Kulov. Kinetics, energy characteristics, and intensification of crystallization processes in chemical precipitation of hardness ions // Theoretical Foundations of Chemical Engineering. 2013. V. 47(5). p. 505–523.
- N. Kulov. Some problems of separation of mixtures // Theoretical Foundations of Chemical Engineering. 2007. V. 41(1). p. 1–12.
- A. Voshkin – Laureate of the Foundation for the Promotion of Domestic Science competition in 2008–2009 in the nomination “Ph.Ds. and Doctors of Sciences of the Russian Academy of Sciences” in the direction “Chemistry and Materials Science” (2008)
- N. Kulov – Commemorative Medal “Academician Nikolay Mikhailovich Zhavoronkov” for achievements in the field of chemical technology (2011), V.A. Legasov Medal for achievements in the field of separation of mixtures (2016)
- A. Zakhodyaeva – RAS Medal with Awards for Young Scientists of Russia in the field of the development or creation of devices, methods, technologies, and new scientific and technical products of scientific and applied value for the series of works “Smart extraction systems in the chemical technological processes of extracting and separating components of liquid mixtures. Theory and Practice ”(2017), Academician N.M. Zhavoronkov Prize in the field of chemical technology and physicochemical fundamentals of separation and concentration processes for the scientific work “Extraction of water-soluble organic acids in complex systems” (2016)
Grants of the Russian Science Foundation
- 18-13-00475. Thermodynamic isotope effects of hydrogen and oxygen during distillation in water vapor–aqueous saline system (2018–2020)
- 17-73-10486. Two-phase water systems in purification of light hydrocarbon fractions (2017–2019)
Grants of the Russian Foundation for Basic Research
- 18-29-06070. Development of hybrid extraction methods based on supercritical fluids for separation of valuable components from mineral raw materials (2018–2020)
- 18-29-24170. Development of extraction methods for metal ion separation from technological solutions for processing electronic waste (2018–2020)
- 16-03-00608. Creation of scientific foundations of resource-saving technology of organofluorine esters and acids by combining chemical transformations and process of separation of mixtures in a catalytic distillation column (2016–2018)
- 16-03-00521. Interphase distribution of aliphatic and aromatic acids in two-phase water-polymer systems (2016–2018)
- 16-03-00528. Extraction method to obtaine spatially ordered structures of oxide nanomaterials in heterogeneous water-polymer systems (2016–2018)
- 15-33-70048. New environmentally friendly technologies to separate components of liquid mixtures in multiphase mini-extractors operating in liquid pseudomembrane mode (2015–2017)
RF President grants for State Support of Young Scientists
- MK-106.2017.3. Extraction methods in battery recycling processes (2017–2018)
- Vernadsky Institute of Geochemistry and Analytical Chemistry RAS (Moscow)
- Frumkin Institute of Physical Chemistry and Electrochemistry RAS (Moscow)
- Engineering Chemical Technology Center “Rusredmet” (St. Petersburg)
- Prioksky Non-Ferrous Metals Plant (Kasimov district, Ryazan region)
- Moscow State University (Moscow)
- Moscow Technological University MIREA (Moscow)
- Mendeleev University of Chemical Technology of Russia (Moscow)
- Moscow Polytechnic University (Moscow)
- Saint Petersburg State Institute of Technology (Technical University) (St. Petersburg)
- Kazan National Research Technological University (Kazan)