Aleksandr E. Gekhman
Head of Laboratory, Dr. of Sciences (Chemistry), Corresponding Member of RAS
- Synthesis of catalytically active mononuclear and polynuclear compounds of Groups V–VIII metals (low-molecular clusters, giant clusters, and nanoparticles of these metals). Study of their physicochemical properties, particularly catalytic ones.
- Production of branched structure hydrocarbons (high-octane components of motor fuel) from alcohols. Search for catalytic systems and selection of optimal process conditions.
- Oxidative transformations of methane and higher alkanes into high-tech commercially valuable products (for example, dimethyl ether). Search for highly selective paths.
- Theoretical and experimental study into the nature of the O–O chemical bond in complexes of coordination compounds and the mechanism of molecular oxidation reactions with peroxide compounds.Theoretical and experimental study.
- Search for catalytically active compositions, including nanostructures, allowing for the conversion of greenhouse gases (methane and carbon dioxide), in order to obtain commercially valuable synthesis gas, hydrogen fuel, and electricity.
New highly efficient and selective catalysts for carbon dioxide methane conversion were found. New contacts make it possible to create energy-chemical units that produce methane-based electricity and fuel hydrogen based, contributing to the transition fossil fuel-based vehicles to non-polluting ones.
Fundamentally important research into the kinetics and mechanism of a series of reactions involving hydroperoxides were carried out, making it possible to get insight into the ways in which singlet dioxide and ozone coordinated by vanadium(V) are involved in the oxidation of hydrocarbon and perfluorinated alkanes, arenes, and alkenes. Quantum-chemical methods showed that the [V(ηO2)3]– triperoxocomplex isomerizes into unexpectedly more stable complex [V(=O)(ηO2)(O3)]–, which contains the O3 group as a bidentate ligand. This reaction was found to flow through two intermediate complexes, which can transfer both singlet dioxygen and an oxygen atom to the substrate molecule.
Single crystals of more than 30 polynuclear complexes of divalent and trivalent metals of Group VIII, including palladium(II), platinum(II), nickel(II), cobalt(II), cobalt(III), iron(II), and iron(III) with carboxylate ligands, namely acetate, pivalate, isobutyrate, ad S(+)-2-methylbutyrate were first studied and characterized by X-ray diffraction.
1. Mikhail N. Vargaftik Head Researcher, Dr. of Sciences (Chemistry)
2. Igor M. Grigor’ev Leading Technologist
3. Yuri P. Gusev Leading Technologist
4. Natalya S. Ivanova Technologist
5. Aleksandr A. Markov Senior Researcher, Ph.D. (Chemistry)
6. Natalya I. Moiseeva Head Technologist
7. Margarita N. Rodnikova Head Researcher, Dr. of Sciences (Chemistry)
8. Dmitry A. Sirotkin Researcher, Ph.D. (Chemistry)
9. Nadezhda S. Smirnova Researcher, Ph.D. (Chemistry)
10. Irina A. Solonina Senior Researcher, Ph.D. (Chemistry)
11. Igor P. Stolyarov Senior Researcher, Ph.D. (Chemistry)
12. Natalya V. Cherkashina Senior Researcher, Ph.D. (Chemistry)
13. Ekaterina V. Shirokova Head Technologist
14. Ilya A. Yakushev Senior Researcher, Ph.D. (Chemistry)
15. Evgeniy V. Khramov Senior Research Assistant
16. Anna S. Popova Senior Research Assistant
- G. Dedov, A.S. Loktev, E.A. Isaeva, A.A. Karavaev, Yu.N. Kitashov, S.V. Markin, A.E. Baranchikov, V.K. Ivanov, I. I. Moiseev. Hydroconversion of rapeseed oil to hydrocarbons in the presence of MFI/MCM-41 micro–mesoporous materials synthesized by the hydrothermal microwave method // Petroleum Chemistry. 2017. V. 57(8). p. 678–685.
- A. Markov, I.A. Yakushev, A.V. Churakov, I.P. Stolyarov, N.V. Cherkashina, A.B. Kornev, M.N. Vargaftik, A.E. Gekhman, I.I. Moiseev. Unusual platinum complexes in the gas phase // Doklady Physical Chemistry. 2016. V. 468(1). p. 72–75.
- I. Moiseev. Biotechnology is storming the heights of petrochemistry // Kinetics and Catalysis. 2016. V. 57(4). p. 405–421.
- G. Dedov, A.S. Loktev, D.A. Komissarenko, I.E. Mukhin, N.A. Spesivtsev, I.I. Moiseev, G.N. Mazo, O.A. Shlyakhtin. High-performance catalytic materials for dry reforming of methane // Doklady Physical Chemistry. 2015. V. 462(1). p. 99–102.
- V. Cherkashina, D.I. Kochubey, V.V. Kanazhevskiy, V.I. Zaikovskii, V.K. Ivanov, A.A. Markov, A.P. Klyagina, Zh.V. Dobrokhotova, N.Yu. Kozitsyna, I.B. Baranovsky, O.G. Ellert, N.N. Efimov, S.E. Nefedov, V.M. Novotortsev, M.N. Vargaftik, I.I. Moiseev. Platinum acetate blue: synthesis and characterization // Inorganic Chemistry. 2014. V. 53. p. 8397–8406.
- V. Chistyakov, M.A. Gubanov, V.Yu. Murzin, P.A. Zharova, M.V. Tsodikov, V.V. Kriventsov, A.E. Gekhman, I.I. Moiseev. Conversion of ethanol into hydrocarbon components of fuels in the presence of Pd-Zn-containing catalysts // Russian Chemical Bulletin. 2014. V. 63(1). p. 88–93.
- I. Moiseev. Green chemistry: development trajectory // Russian Chemical Reviews. 2013. V. 82(7). p. 616–623.
- Yu. Kozitsyna, S.E. Nefedov, A.P. Klyagina, A.A. Markov, Zh.V. Dobrokhotova, Yu.A. Velikodny, D.I. Kochubey, T.S. Zyubina, A.E. Gekhman, M.N. Vargaftik, I.I. Moiseev. Novel heterometallic palladium-silver complex // Inorganica Chimica Acta. 2011. V. 370. p. 382–387.
- A. Markov, S.P. Dolin, N.I. Moiseeva, A.E. Gekhman, I.I. Moiseev. Oxidative transformations in the VV/H2O2/RCOOH system // Mendeleev Communications. 2009. V. 19(4). p. 175–181.
- Yu. Kozitsyna, S. E. Nefedov, Zh. B. Dobrokhotova, V. N. Ikorskii, I. P. Stolyarov, M. N. Vargaftik, I. I. Moiseev. The route to heteronuclear nanoclusters from the viewpoint of coordination chemistry // Nanotechnologies in Russia. V. 3(3–4). p. 166–183.
- I. Moiseev – Order of Friendship (2009), State Prize of the Russian Federation in Science and Technology (2011), Demidov Prize (2012), L.A. Chugaev Prize (2012)
- E. Gekhman – L.A. Chugaev Prize (2012)
- N. Vargaftik – L.A. Chugaev Prize (2012)
Grants of the Russian Science Foundation
- 18-73-10206. Complexes of platinum metals with heterometal-containing ligands: synthesis, structure, thermochemistry, and catalytic properties (2018–2021)
Grants of the Russian Science Foundation for Basic Research
- 18-03-00228-a. Synthesis and study of platinum(II) heterometallic carboxylate complexes with transition and non-transition metals: study of reactivity and catalytic capabilities (2018–2020)
- 18-33-00632-a. Palladium and platinum heterometallic complexes: synthesis, structure, and catalytic properties (2018–2019)
- 17-03-00355-a. Reactions of platinum and palladium complexes with alkanes, alkenes, and their derivatives in the gas phase (2017–2019)
- 15-03-07652-a. Platinum carboxylate complexes – new possibilities for synthesis and catalytic transformations of hydrocarbons (2015–2017)
- 15-53-45134-a. Mechanism of oxidant transfer to the substrate molecule in hydroperoxide oxidation (2015–2016)
- 13-03-00408-a. Palladium heteronuclear carboxylates with variable palladium : heterometallic ratio (2013–2015)
- 12-03-00917-a. Platinum acetate blue – a new source reagent for the synthesis of homometallic and heterometallic complexes (2012–2014)
- 12-03-31325-mol_a. Platinum and palladium carboxylate complexes: synthesis, geometry, and electronic structure (2012–2013)
- 09-03-00514-a. Thermal and redox transformations of heterobimetallic carboxylate palladium and platinum complexes containing 3d, 4-6s, and 4f metals – path to mixed-metal nanoclusters and nanomaterials (2009–2011)
- 09-03-12114-ofi_m. Nanoscale heterometallic complexes and materials based on palladium (2009–2011)
RF President grants for State Support of Young Scientists
- FTsP 14.575.21.0052. Development of modern technologies to produce components of motor fuels and basic elements of petrochemistry from algae biomass (2014–2016)
- NSh-5232.2012.3. Catalysis and catalysts for energy generating and energy saving systems. Renewable resources (2012–2013)
- MK-6342.2012.3. Active intermediates of the most important catalytic reactions: quantum-chemical simulation (2012–2013)
- NSh-65264.2010.3. Catalysis and catalysts for energy generating and energy saving systems (2010–2011)
- NSh-1733.2008.3. Complexes and nanoscale structures in catalysis (2008–2009)
- Topchiev Institute of Petrochemical Synthesis RAS (Moscow)
- Zelinsky Institute of Organic Chemistry RAS (Moscow)
- Institute of Problems of Chemical Physics RAS (Chernogolovka, Moscow region)
- Merzhanov Institute of Structural Macrokinetics and Materials Science (Chernogolovka, Moscow region)
- National Research Center “Kurchatov Institute” (Moscow)
- Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (Moscow)
- Gubkin Russian State University of Oil and Gas (Moscow)
- Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia (Moscow)