Maria N. Brekhovskikh
Head of Laboratory, Dr. of Sciences (Chemistry)
- Development of physicochemical bases to produce high-purity substances and materials based on arsenic and gallium, vitreous fluorides of heavy metals, silicates with the structure of apatite, and chalcogenides with the structure of spinel to use them in semiconductor technology and laser optics.
- Synthesis and study of physicochemical and optical material properties with a short phonon spectrum based on halides of elements of Groups I–IV activated by ions of rare earth elements.
- Synthesis of inorganic compounds and the development of new luminescent materials containing optically active ions of 3d— and 4f-elements based on them.
- Research into the chemical composition and crystal structure influence on the spectroscopic properties of luminescent materials and the transfer of excitation energy between optically active ions.
Physicochemical bases of the processes and the technology to produce high-purity arsenic and gallium-containing compounds were developed. The focus is on processing lewisite detoxification products into high-purity arsenic and its compounds.
The fundamentals of preparation of fluorocirconate glasses doped with REE were developed using composition modifications to create both effective active optical media in a wide spectral range and converters of IR radiation into the visible spectral region to increase the efficiency of solar cells and excite photocatalysts.
A hydrothermal method was developed to synthesize complex fluorides of alkaline and rare-earth elements in the form of fine-crystalline powders and bulk crystals of high optical quality containing optically active ions, making it possible to have priority in the research into the luminescent properties of this group of inorganic compounds at various excitation energies.
- Konstantin S. Nikonov Junior Researcher
- Tatyana K. Menshchikova Senior Researcher, Ph.D. (Chemistry)
- Oleg E. Myslitsky Leading Technologist
- Nikolay M. Khaidukov Senior Researcher
- Maksim V. Mastryukov
- Konstantin S. Nikonov
- N. Brekhovskikh, L.V. Moiseeva, L.N. Dmitruk, V.A. Fedorov. Glasses based on Metal Fluorides of Groups I–IV: Synthesis, Properties, Application. In: High-purity substances. Chapter 33. 2018. Moscow: Nauchnyi mir. P. 852–881 [in Russian].
- A. Fedorov, M.F. Churbanov. Preparation of High Purity Arsenic. In: High-Purity Substances. Chapter 24. 2018. Moscow: Nauchnyi mir. P. 566–592 [in Russian].
- Barsaume, A.V. Telegin, Yu.P, Sukhorukov, N. Stavrias, V.A. Fedorov, T.K. Menshchikova, A.V. Kimel. Static and time-resolved mid-infrared spectroscopy of Hg0.95Cd0.05Cr2Se4 spinel // Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter. 2017. V. 29. p. 325502–325508.
- A. Fedorov, M.F. Churbanov. Ultrapure arsenic and its compounds for optical and semiconductor materials // Inorganic Materials. 2016. V. 52(13). p. 1339–1357.
- RF Patent No. 2598271. Method of preparation of fluoride glasses with an extended optical transmission range / M.N. Brekhovskikh, L.V. Moiseeva, S.Kh. Batygov, L.I. Demina, I.A. Zhidkova, S.V. Yurtaeva. Registration date: 30.08.2016.
- N. Brekhovskikh, S.Kh. Batygov, L.V. Moiseeva, L.I. Demina, I.A. Zhidkova, S.P. Solodovnikov, V.A. Fedorov. Optical properties of europium-activated hafnium fluoride-based glasses // Inorganic materials. 2016. V. 52(10). p. 1031–1034.
- N. Makhov, N.M. Khaidukov, M. Kirm, S. Vielhauer. High-temperature VUV spectroscopy of KYF4 crystals doped with Nd3+, Er3+ and Tm3+ ions // Radiation Measurements. 2016. V. 90. p. 298–302.
- A. Loiko, E.V. Vilejshikova, N.M. Khaidukov, M.N. Brekhovskikh, X. Mateos, M. Aguiló, K.V. Yumashev. Judd-Ofelt modeling, stimulated-emission cross-sections and non-radiative relaxation in Er3+: K2YF5 crystals // Journal of Luminescence. 2016. V. 180. p. 103–110.
- N. Brekhovskikh, L.V. Moiseeva, S.Kh. Batygov, I.A. Zhidkova, V.A. Fedorov. Glasses on the basis of heavy metal fluorides // Inorganic Materials. 2015. V. 51(13). p. 1348–1361.
- RF Patent No. 2526955. Method of producing fluoride glasses with a wide IR transmittance range / M.N. Brekhovskikh, V.A. Fedorov, L.V. Moiseeva, L.N. Dmitruk. Registration Date: 03.08.2014.
- RF Patent No. 131727. Electrolyzer for obtaining fluorine / M.N. Brekhovskikh, V.A. Fedorov, N.N. Vinogradov, V.F. Sukhoverhov. Registration Date: 27.08.2013.
- Kh. Batygov, Yu. K. Voronko, L.N. Dmitruk, L.V. Moiseeva, A.V. Popov, M.N. Brekhovskikh, V.A. Fedorov. Preparation and spectroscopic properties of Tm3+ and Er3+-doped fluoride and fluorochloride glasses // Inorganic Materials. 2012. V. 48(2). p. 205–211.
- A. Fedorov – Order of the October Revolution (1983), Order of the Red Banner of Labor (1980), USSR State Prize “Development of new materials for microelectronics” (1980)
- N. Brekhovskikh – Lenin Komsomol Prize for the series of works “Synthesis and properties of fluorides and oxides in unusual states of oxidation” (1989)
- N. Brekhovskikh, V.A. Fedorov – First Prize at the IGIC RAS Conference for the work “Synthesis and study of new IR transparent materials based on halides of Groups I–IV in the vitrious state” (2010)
- A. Fedorov, T.K. Menshchikova, M.N. Brekhovskikh – MAIK Science/Interperiodica Award for the best publication in the journals published by the company for the series of works “High-purity substances and materials for microelectronics and optics: preparation and properties” (2008)
- A. Fedorov, M.N. Brekhovskikh, S.A. Borisov – MAIK Science/Interperiodica Award for the best publication in the journals published by the company for the series of works “High-purity substances and materials for microelectronics and optics: synthesis, properties and application prospects” (2012)
Grants of the Russian Science Foundation
- 18-13-00407. Synthesis of new red luminophores based on fluorine-containing materials activated by manganese ions for LED sources of warm white light (2018–2020)
Grants of the Russian Foundation for Basic Research
- 15-03-02507. Synthesis and properties of new fluorescent materials based on halides of Groups I–IV to improve the efficiency of solar cells (2015–2017)
- 12-03-00531. Synthesis and properties of new IR transparent materials based on REE-doped halides of elements of Group I–IV (2012–2014)
- 09-03-00435. Study of synthesis processes and properties of new IR transparent materials based on REE-doped metal halides of Groups I–IV (2009–2011)
Projects in basic research programs of the Presidium of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- Synthesis of bismuth and arsenic materials to create new generation heterostructures for microelectronics (2015–2017)
- Synthesis and study of physicochemical and optical properties of materials with short phonon spectrum based on halides of elements of Groups I–IV activated by rare-earth ions (2015–2017)
- Development of methods to produce transparent glass ceramics based on fluorides of elements of Groups I–IV activated with REE ions (2014–2016)
- New luminescent materials based on halides of elements of Groups I–IV (2012–2014)
- Study of synthesis and physicochemical properties of new IR transparent materials based on halides of elements of Groups I–IV (2012–2014)
- Synthesis and physicochemical study of vitreous and ceramic phosphors and scintillators based on halides of elements of Groups I–IV (2009–2011)
- Prokhorov General Physics Institute RAS (Moscow)
- Nesmeyanov Institute of Organoelement Compounds RAS (Moscow)
- Lebedev Physics Institute RAS (Moscow)
- Devyatykh Institute of Chemistry of High-Purity Substances RAS (Nizhny Novgorod)
- State Research Institute of Organic Chemistry and Technology (Moscow)
- Scientific Research Institute of Electronic Engineering Materials (Kaluga)
- Federal State Enterprise “Gorny” (Gorny, Saratov region)
- Moscow State University (Moscow)
- National Research University of Electronic Technology MIET (Zelenograd, Moscow region)
- University of Cologne (Germany)
- Air Products (USA)