Andrey V. Churakov
Head of Laboratory, Ph.D. (Chemistry)
- Research into crystal chemistry of peroxosolvates of organic compounds.
- Study into the reactions of solid-phase [2 + 2] photocycloaddition in single crystals.
- The mechanism analysis of phase transitions in liquid crystal compounds.
- Research into crystal chemistry of Re, Mo, and W oxo complexes and uranyl derivatives.
- Study into supramolecular structure of drug cocrystals.
- Research into crystal chemistry of hypercoordination compounds of group IVA elements.
- Synthesis and structure of dyes based on complexes of 4d6— and 5d6-metals.
- X-ray diffraction analysis of Ag+, Zn2+, and Cd2+ coordination polymers with N-donor ligands.
The consistent feasibility of two topochemical reactions of [2 + 2] photo-cycloaddition and the reverse reactions without single crystal destruction in styryl dyes were first proved under visible light and short-wave UV-radiation, respectively. Crystallographic conditions for the preservation of single crystals in the course of these processes and the conditions for the formation of crystalline packs favorable for photo-cycloaddition were revealed.
During crystal chemical studies of peroxosolvates of organic compounds, the widespread phenomenon of isomorphic replacement of hydrogen peroxide molecules with water was established and structural criteria that make it possible were identified. Compounds containing dodecamer and pentamer clusters of H2O2 molecules were first structurally characterized.
The influence pattern of the electron-donor/acceptor properties of 2-arylbenzimidazoles on the optical and electrochemical properties of the Ir(III) complexes were revealed. Heterometallic complexes of Ni(II) and REE with various amino acids were synthesized and structurally characterized. It was shown for the first time that such compounds enable to separate REE ions between the complex cation and anion.
- Stanislav I. Bezzubov Senior Researcher, Ph.D. (Chemistry)
- Andrey B. Ilyukhin Leading Researcher, Dr. of Sciences (Chemistry)
- Lyudmila G. Kuz’mina Head Researcher, Dr. of Sciences (Chemistry)
- El’mira Kh. Lermontova Researcher, Ph.D. (Chemistry)
- Vladimir S. Sergienko Head Researcher, Dr. of Sciences (Chemistry)
- Marina D. Surazhskaya Head Technologist
- Mger A. Navasardyan Junior Researcher
- Igor A. Verin Leading Technologist
- Mger A. Navasardyan
- A. Grishanov, M.A. Navasardyan, A.G. Medvedev, O. Lev, P.V. Prikhodchenko, A.V. Churakov. Hydrogen peroxide insular dodecameric and pentameric clusters in peroxosolvate structures // Angewandte Chemie. 2017. V. 56(48). p. 15241–15245.
- I. Bezzubov, A.V. Churakov, Yu.A. Belousov, A.A. Bilyalova, M.A. Lavrova, I.S. Zharinova, Yu.M. Kiselev, V.D. Dolzhenko. L-alanine/nickel-induced size sorting of lanthanide(III) ions in 4f–4f′ heterometallic complexes // Crystal Growth & Design. 2017. V. 17(3). p. 1166-1172.
- Yu. Chernyshov, M.V. Vener, P.V. Prikhodchenko, A.G. Medvedev, O. Lev, A.V. Churakov. Peroxosolvates: Formation criteria, H2O2 hydrogen bonding, and isomorphism with the corresponding hydrates // Crystal Growth & Design. 2017. V. 17(1). p. 214–220.
- I. Bezzubov, Yu.M. Kiselev, A.V. Churakov, S.A. Kozyukhin, A.A. Sadovnikov, V.A. Grinberg, V.V. Emets, V.D. Doljenko. Iridium(III) 2-phenylbenzimidazole complexes: Synthesis, structure, optical properties, and applications in dye-sensitized solar cells // European Journal of Inorganic Chemistry. 2016. V. 2016(3). p. 347–354.
- G. Kuz’mina, S.I. Bezzubov, A.I. Vedernikov, M.V. Alfimov, S.P. Gromov, J.A.K. Howard. Peculiarities of styryl dyes of the benzoselenazole series crystal packings and their influence on solid phase [2+2] photocycloaddition reaction with single crystal retention // CrystEngComm. 2016. V. 18. p. 7506–7515.
- G. Kuz’mina, A.I. Vedernikov, M.V. Alfimov, S.P. Gromov, J.A.K. Howard. Features of styryl dye crystal packings and their influence on [2+2] photocycloaddition reaction with single crystal retention // CrystEngComm. 2015. V. 17. p. 4584–4591.
- V. Churakov, P.V. Prikhodchenko, J.A.K. Howard, O. Lev. Glycine and L-serine crystalline perhydrates // Chemical Communications. 2009. p. 4224–4226.
Grants of the Russian Science Foundation
- 17-73-10084. Photosensitizers based on 4d6— and 5d6-metal complexes with aromatic diketones for photovoltaics (2017–2018)
- 16-13-10273. Development of mesophase models and phase transition mechanisms in liquid crystal compounds (2016–2018)
Grants of the Russian Foundation for Basic Research
- 17-03-00762-a. Hydrogen peroxide clusters in cocrystals with cavitands: production, structure determination, and analysis of hydrogen bond networks
- 14-03-00012/14. Crystallographic approach to study of solid-phase [2 + 2] photocycloaddition in unsaturated compounds, X-ray diffraction studies (2014–2016)
Grant of the Royal Society of Chemistry
- International Project (2011–2012)
- Krestov Institute of Solution Chemistry RAS (Ivanovo)
- Photochemistry Center RAS (Moscow)
- Moscow State University
- Durham X-ray Centre, Department of Chemistry, Durham University (UK)